Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (The Breech Edition)

  • I had my 36 week appointment this week.  The baby is now breech and not even close to being engaged or interested in coming out.  I am not dilated, and nothing, and I do mean NOTHING, is going on.  This boy is shaping up to be just like his big sisters... stubborn.
  • Based on my pregnancy pictures this week, it looks like I was right, the boy has moved right back up to my stomach and lungs.
  • I'm going to blame the hormones, but my tolerance level for people is extremely low right now.  It would not be a good time to cross me.  Just sayin'
  • Being on break and not having to go to class has been great.  I know that my dissertation will be an uphill battle of its own, but I can't wait to be done with all my coursework this coming May.
  • Speaking of that PhD thing, just thinking about finding a university position stresses me out.
  • Where are Max and Ruby's parents?  Why are they never supervised?  Why is it that Max can't say more than a word at a time, yet he seems to be completely potty trained and self sufficient?
  • I am doing this declutter calendar and already loving the results.  It's all so manageable and realistic.  I love to get rid of things, but I love how this forces me to think and look at aspects of my life that I wouldn't necessarily consider otherwise (cleaning out my spices).

20 comments:

Wiley said...

I have thought that about max and ruby as well!!!

Manda said...

I'm gonna try that decluttering calender. And you and are on the same page with Max and Ruby -- not only do they not have parents, they seem to have a grandma who pops in now and again but then leaves them unsupervised again!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think I am doing that calendar too. I saw it on Pinterest. My only reservation is that I have to print them all out and remember to do them. I would prefer a feed reader delivery instead.

Elizabeth was transverse for a really long time. She eventually turned. Though that isn't relevant to you.

CanadianMama said...

Oh that sneaky baby! I can't believe he dropped and then went back up again. I've never heard of that! I guess it's good you were planning for a section hey.

CanadianMama said...

ps. I can't believe you are pregnant, already have two children and are doing a Phd. You are my personal hero - seriously!!

Karyn said...

I love the idea of the declutter calendar, but know for a fact that I probably wouldn't make it through January!

Carrie27 said...

Good thing the baby is coming via c-section.

We have not had to watch Max and Ruby in a very, very long time.

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

Ugh...breech? That's annoying. Oops...no, I was breech and I'm awesome! You're going to have one awesome kid!!! LOL

I have never seen M&R.

Dissertations scare me.

JEN said...

I know of someone with 14 kids that had something like 7 breech births. All were fine. I admire her. I'm trying to do a VBAC this time, but we'll see.

This Mom said...

This is the first time I've come across "Friday Night Leftovers"...and I like it!

My tolerance level for people has been low lately too, but I don't have the pregnancy hormones excuse!

I just started a declutter series on my blog - this calendar might inspire me to keep it up! Thanks!

Kate @ This Mom Loves

Kakunaa said...

I hope Blue turns his silly butt around! Good luck sweetie.

Polly said...

Your Max and Ruby comment made me laugh out loud. This is my first Friday Night Leftovers! Looking forward to next Friday to do another!

Polly said...

Your Max and Ruby comment made me laugh out loud. This is my first Friday Night Leftovers! Looking forward to next Friday to do another!

Polly said...

Your Max and Ruby comment made me laugh out loud. This is my first Friday Night Leftovers! Looking forward to next Friday to do another!

Mrs. Z said...

Oh, Max and Ruby...the real question is, why do the kids never question it? Do we parents really seem that superfluous?
I downloaded the declutter calendar last week too! I broke up the January things into other months since we'll be in the middle of the move, but I'm still excited (Wait, shouldn't my new house NOT be cluttered? Sheesh.).

Andrea said...

I really need do that declutter calendar. my spices need some work.

i can't even blame the hormones, but my tolerance for people is also at an all time low

Leslie Collins said...

Yep, that crosses my mind about Max & Ruby, as well.

You have every right to be short fused. The end of a pregnancy is rough. Hang in there!!

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Is breech a problem if you are having a C-section? Is it more uncomfortable? So sorry friend. Can't wait to meet baby blue!

Barb said...

I would blame the hormones too. Hang in there! We have a m&r book with a Grandma in it.

All About the Augustins said...

My hubby and I have had the discussion about Max and Ruby multiple times! 36 weeks?? Time is flying!! Yay you!
PS I've started the declutter calendar as well. As in, I printed it off. It's sitting on the corner of my desk. Guess I should take it home, hey?? Have a great week!