Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (The All Baby Edition)


  • It's amazing how a little baby can make your older "babies" look huge.   I mean, I thought Bean was tiny until Blue arrived.  
  • Prior to Blue's birth I was hot all the time.  I wore short sleeves every single day.  My internal heater is gone and I find that I am freezing all the time now.  I've even had to put an extra blanket on the bed at night and I'm sleeping in long pants and long sleeved shirts.
  • After Blue was born the girls and Bee gave me a new Pandora charm that says Mom with three little stones.  I just love it!!!
  • I downloaded an app on my phone to help me keep track of my nursing, pumping, etc.  On average, I am spending two and a half to three hours a day nursing.  Holy milk machine.
  • Technology is amazing.  Did you know that Pamper Swaddlers have a yellow line on the outside now that turns blue or green when your kid pees?  You don't even have to open the diaper anymore.  So awesome.
  • I really thought I would go cloth with the diapers this time.  It's not happening.  At least not now.
  • Boys are so much harder to change than girls.  The whole peeing on you thing is hard work to avoid.
  • A friend, who is a professional photographer took pictures of Blue this week.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  They are beyond awesome.  Pictures to come soon.
  • I still need to write a big sisters post, the rest of the birth story post and a comparison of pregnancies post. 
  • So much chaos.  So little structure.  Good thing this is only a season of life.

11 comments:

Mrs. Z said...

That little blue line on the diapers just blew me away. And yes, we always got peed on, the wall got peed on, even the poor cat got peed on once! It always seemed like everytime I pulled the diaper off, there it went!

CanadianMama said...

Oh yeah, I've been peed on a few times with both boys but that doesn't last long. BUT, with the baby I got projectile pooped on EVERY time I changed the diaper. Seriously!!

And yeah, I saw the pictures on facebook of him and they are amazing! So, so so good!!

Manda said...

The peeing gets easier I promise. We took the plunge on cloth diapers with our youngest, it was really so much easier then I thought!

Rebecca @ Unexplained X2 said...

OMG...getting peed on it hysterical!!! Actually, it's much funnier to watch other people get peed on, but still.

You guys are doing a great job!!

Marcia said...

Blue is so precious...congrats to you and the family. I bet the girls are being the best big sisters ever!

HereWeGoAJen said...

No, cloth diapers are for like a month from now.

I love those tracking apps. They are so helpful.

Brooke said...

After C was born my internal heater was gone too. I was freezing all the time and wore long pants and sweaters...IT WAS JULY!!!

Stepping On Cheerios said...

Love hearing all these tidbit and the photos were gorgeous!

T said...

Just getting back to the online world. Loved catching up on your post. Congratulations to you guys on a new addition to the family. Can't wait to meet him.

Carrie27 said...

I loved that little line on the diapers when I had the twins. Genius!

The pics of Blue are beyond amazing.

You are sleeping how I sleep.

andrea said...

i am queen of multiple blankets - i am always cold!

and those lines on the diapers are seriously the BEST thing ever!