Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers: The Beep Beep Beep Edition


  • This week the girls were playing store and it occurred to me that they will never know how to push numbers on a cash register.  Their store game consisted of one of them buying something and the other one going "beep" "beep" "beep" with a scanner.
  • I know I've talked this to death, but I will never get used to this non-dairy business.  It continues to be awful.  Going out to eat is the worst.  I feel awful for people with food allergies. 
  • Last night was the end of all things coursework in the PhD program.  The last thing was submitted and I am in dissertation mode.  Holy crap.
  • Tot is on her way to losing her third tooth.  It's a top one and every time I look at her, that tooth is pointing in a new direction.
  • About a month ago I started going through some of the baby stuff we were no longer going to use.  In that pile were the crib and bassinet bumpers I bought when pregnant with Tot.  With education, I learned how dangerous they were in relation to SIDS and I never used them with Bean and Blue.  I couldn't bear the thought of consigning them or selling them and having someone who wasn't educated about SIDS purchasing them, so I put them in the trash.  It killed me knowing that I was literally throwing away hundreds of dollars.  This week I saw a disturbing clip about crib bumpers.  I felt very validated about my choice to trash the bumpers after this idiotic segment this week.  It made my blood just boil.
  • Blue is slowly but surely outgrowing all his baby-containment items (bouncer, papason, changing table, etc.). With the girls, they outgrew these things but were ready to sit up on their own or support themselves.  The problem with Blue is that he's huge, but not developmentally ready to support himself.  I guess he's going to be spending some time on the floor just rolling around.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your continue journey in school!! That's great!!

And I have to laugh about the loose tooth. My daughter's front teeth were like that. I was amazed that whatever twisted direction it was facing it STILL NEVER fell out! LOL!

The Tompkins Family said...

I never thought about the cash register thing! That's sort of sad though I don't know why it matters to me.

CanadianMama said...

Yay for being a doctor! You should make people refer to you as Dr. ____ from now on!!!!

CanadianMama said...

Oh also, can blue hold up his head yet? If so put him in an exersaucer and just stuff blankets around him. Or put him in the bumbo!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I cannot stand crib bumpers and such. I am convinced that in a couple of years, they will be outright banned, just like drop side cribs are now. (See also: infant sleep positioners.)

It sucks that you are having to do non-dairy. I would do it too, if I had to, but I would complain about it ALL THE TIME.

Alana said...

Yay for PhD completion! HUGE congrats!

Enjoyed catching up on your last several posts...the pics of your kiddos are adorable. :)

Ashley said...

OMG! It's been so long since I've participated! My blog was private, now its not (I know... make up my dang mind!) anyways- congrats on Blue! AND your PhD! How awesome! :D

Mrs. Z said...

I'm terrified of crib bumpers. In all reality all things baby sleep in general terrify me. Maybe my kids know that and that's why they're bad sleepers so I don't worry when they sleep too long. They're so kind!

Carrie27 said...

I'm so glad I am done having babies, as there is just too much out there that scares the poop out of me.

Congrats on being one step closer to finishing up this amazing accomplishment.

andrea said...

disertaion mode - woah! that is seriously so awesome, the light is getting brighter :)