- Oh, the hot! Triple digits are not fun for anyone, especially a little wee one. Blue is no fan of the swelter.
- Last Friday night a CRAZY storm (derecho) came flying through (literally) with eighty mile per hour winds. We came out unscathed, but so many friends and family lost power (for up to a week) or had damage to their homes or lost trees. Super crazy time.
- Our 4th was quiet. A little pool time, a little cook out, a little firework action.
- I've noticed lately that when the girls aren't around, Blue is particularly crabby. I think I underestimate how much they keep him entertained.
- Bean has had nosebleed after nosebleed lately. It's been going on for weeks. Finally, we took her in to the doctor yesterday to make sure all was well. All is well. We just need to ride it out.
- I've been able to read two pleasure books this summer. This is the first time in forever that I've been able to do this. It's fabulous. I was hoping that seeing me read more books (rather than research articles) would encourage Tot to read. No such luck.
- I miss cheese.
Friday, July 6, 2012
Friday Night Leftovers: The Sweltering Edition