- Remembering to put a child on a bus and then going out to retrieve them takes a lot of remembering when you are out of practice.
- I know people hate back to school paperwork, but I am one of those weirdos who actually likes to fill out paperwork. I think I would have made a perfect 1950s secretary. I can picture myself licking the end of my pencil, ready to take shorthand notes.
- Almost all of our infant paraphernalia is ready to go out the door. The swing has been outgrown, the papason is too small, and the list goes on. A certain boy is getting BIG! It makes me sad but I'm glad to see some stuff go.
- We don't have an electric can opener in our house. It struck me this week that that fact might be odd to some people.
- It is officially time to baby proof the house. I am not looking forward to this.
- I defended my dissertation proposal yesterday. This means my first three chapters were approved, I'm ready to complete my research and only defense of that research is ahead.
- I miss reading blogs regularly. I miss sleeping normally. I miss chewing my food. I miss sanity.
Friday, August 24, 2012
Friday Night Leftovers: The Shorthand Edition